Leave a legacy by transforming the lives of older adults
A gift to Wish of a Lifetime from AARP in your will, trust, or by beneficiary designation ensures your values carry on past your lifetime. This is one of the most popular ways to support a charity—and for a good reason.
There are many benefits:
- You retain control of your assets during your lifetime.
- There is no minimum amount; you can leave a gift of any size.
- You can easily modify your plans to address your changing needs.
Discover your giving options
Gifts by beneficiary designation
You can support life changing wishes for deserving seniors and redefine aging in America by simply naming Wish of a Lifetime from AARP as a beneficiary of any of these types of accounts:
- Funds from an IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- A fully paid life insurance policy.
- Certificates of deposit.
- Bank accounts.
- Brokerage accounts.
- Contributions remaining in a donor-advised fund.
To name Wish of a Lifetime from AARP as a beneficiary of an account, follow these simple steps:
- Request a beneficiary form from your bank or plan administrator. This form—not your will—determines how these assets are distributed after your lifetime.
- Write in “Wish of a Lifetime from AARP” as a beneficiary (or partial or contingent beneficiary) using our current business address: 303 E 17th Avenue, Suite 850, Denver, CO 80203.
- If the form requests a Social Security number, use our tax identification number: 26-2123649.
Gifts in your will or trust
Your will or trust allows you to specify how you would like your assets distributed after your lifetime. You can make specific provisions for each of your loved ones, while also supporting the causes close to your heart.
You can designate a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate for Wish of a Lifetime from AARP. You can also make Wish of a Lifetime from AARP a “contingent beneficiary,” in which case we will receive assets in the event that your primary beneficiary does not survive you.
To leave a gift to Wish of a Lifetime from AARP in your will or trust, share this sample language with your advisor or lawyer:
I give and devise to Wish of a Lifetime from AARP, located in Denver, CO, EIN: 26-2123649, [sum or property] ___________ for its unrestricted charitable use and purpose.
Please tell us about your gift
If you have left a gift for Wish of a Lifetime from AARP in your will, trust, or by beneficiary designation, please tell us. We would love the chance to thank you and to ensure that your wishes are carried out.
Plus, your gift can inspire others to support Wish of a Lifetime from AARP in such a meaningful way.
For more information, please contact:
Vice President of Philanthropy
Major Gifts and Gift Planning
Wish of a Lifetime from AARP address:
303 E 17th Avenue, Suite 850
Denver, CO 80203
“It was a joy seeing her, being with her, and remembering old times. I felt young again for a little bit. It felt like time froze…To me, tomorrow is today.”
— Carl, 82