How to Submit a Wish
On behalf of you or a deserving individual
Do you know a deserving individual who would benefit from a wish fulfilled? Or are you an older adult who has dreamed of doing something that would have a positive impact on your life?
Wishes connect our recipients to people, purpose and passions to eliminate feelings of isolation and help individuals 65+ live vibrant, healthy lives. For those combating the physical, mental and emotional challenges of aging, a true Wish of a Lifetime achieved empowers wish recipients to keep dreaming—inspiring those of all generations to choose how we live as we age.
Please note: During the coronavirus crisis Wish of a Lifetime has modified its wish-granting program to focus on virtual wishes and wishes that can happen safely within our homes and communities. Wish of a Lifetime receives thousands of wish applications and is unable to grant every qualified wish received.
Be sure to review the frequently asked questions below before submitting a wish.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Wish of a Lifetime?
What types of Wishes will not be granted?
- Financial Assistance (cash payment of bills, rent, taxes, etc.)
- Housing Assistance (home repair/modification, assistance moving, locating housing, etc.) • Home Furnishings
- Technology (computers, phones, cell phones, TV’s)
- Medical care or services
- Legal Services
- Vehicle (purchase, repair, modification)
- Potentially harmful or dangerous wishes
- Wishes on behalf of others under 65
- Assistance finding employment
- Wishes that extend beyond the life of the Wish Recipient (funeral arrangements, headstones, etc.)
- Continuous Wishes (Wishes for a pet, season tickets, etc.)
A note about travel: We do not send seniors on vacation. Travel must be purpose-driven, with a dream achieved during or as a result of the trip.
How do I nominate a senior?
We encourage you to nominate a deserving individual for a wish. If the wish you submitted is approved, you will play an important role in helping Wish of a Lifetime successfully plan and execute the wish. Nominators’ responsibilities may include acting as a primary point of contact for Wish of a Lifetime, helping to coordinate wish logistics and get release forms signed, and participating in the wish experience.
But it all begins with filling out an application!
What is the application process like?
- Nominator or Applicant fills out and submits our Wish Application
- Wish of a Lifetime will evaluate the wish to ensure it meets our criteria, and will contact you if the applicant or Wish does not meet the criteria or if it is not feasible
- If the wish meets our criteria, a Wish of a Lifetime representative will call and interview the Nominator, then the Applicant to learn more about the Wish
- Wish of a Lifetime’s Wish Committee will make a final determination as to whether the wish will be granted
- If declined, Nominator and/or Applicant will be notified
- If approved, a Wish of a Lifetime representative will contact Nominator and Applicant to start the planning and fulfillment process
Please note: With very few exceptions, we do not grant “surprise” wishes, where the senior is unaware that the wish will be happening.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Minimum age of 65
- A legal resident or citizen of the United States
- Unable to fulfill the wish on your own
- Capable of experiencing the wish
- Not convicted of a felony
- Able to obtain approval from a doctor if necessary
Who pays for the Wish?
Wish of a Lifetime covers all reasonable costs associated with fulfillment of the wish. We do not provide first class accommodations unless such arrangements are required for health purposes. If your wish is approved, a Letter of Intent will be shared with you that outlines what Wish of a Lifetime expects to cover for the wish.
Who can come with me on my Wish?
What if I need a caregiver?
How are travel expenses handled?
- Reimbursement: Wish Recipient and/or Participants will be reimbursed for meals according to our Per Diem allotment. Recipient and/or Participants must keep and submit itemized receipts in order to be reimbursed.
- Covered: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner while traveling. Pre-approved travel needs, i.e. taxi rides, bus fare, car rental, gas, etc.
- Not Covered: Alcohol, souvenirs, other incidentals
How has wish granting changed during covid?
Submit a Wish Application
Please note that an email or mailed application will take longer to process than one submitted through the website.
Unfortunately, Wish of a Lifetime is unable to grant every qualified wish we receive. The decision to grant a wish is at the sole discretion of Wish of a Lifetime, and a wish may be denied for any reason.